Byron’s newest cafe kids on the block have totally nailed the relaxed Byron vibe!
Located on Fletcher Street next door to Golden Breed it feels like Beach Bums just belongs here and kind of makes us think “why didn’t someone do this years ago?”
Serving awesome coffee and a daily surf report are all part of the service and good times!
This fab new business venture is the brainchild of Wayne Harrison and Tony Marquardt. We spent some time hanging with Wayne earlier today and came away feeling like these guys know what they are doing and we can’t wait to hang out here more often.
A good sense of humour and fun will always get our attention!
Don’t let Wayne’s easy charm fool you though, Wayne is a smart dude with some pedigree to back it up. Having opened NZ homewares powerhouse Citta Design’s flagship store in Surry Hills, Sydney and bunch of other notable hospitality gigs under his belt too, this guy knows the value of good old fashioned customer service, which frankly is music to our ears!
Oh yeah and Wayne shares our love of vintage records too, so that’s another big tick from us at Taste Byron Bay!
So what can you expect from a visit to this fun and friendly cafe?
- open 7 days a week – 7am to 5pm – YAY coffee and cake all day!
- Beach Bums own blend of coffee – yep seriously cool
- awesome fresh raw, organic and gluten free sandwiches and sweet treats to tempt you
- super cute courtyard that enjoys the shade in the afternoon with room for the kids to play
- a ping pong table! yep seriously a full size ping pong table – game on!
- a fun and relaxed vibe with great service
- daily surf report on the wall – so you know what to expect before you hit the beach
Plenty of colour and shade to enjoy and relax whilst watching the passing parade
Plus the perfect spot to perch and recharge with a cold coconut water and contemplate that must have new dress …. that you need to buy from that shop down the road!
We reckon the new Ping Pong table is going to get a serious work out this summer AND that we need to get some practice in and get our game on – see you there!
Oh and make sure you ask Wayne about his love of frisbee’s and the ALOFT Club!