Say goodbye to the days when gluten free meant missing out on all the fun!
This recipe is super quick to make and perfect for making with young children too. As you only need to melt the butter, roughly chop the nuts, sift the dry ingredients and mix together. All the kids then need to do is of course lick the spoon!!
1 cup salted and roasted macadamia nuts from Brookfarm– roughly chopped in half
300g melted butter – organic butter
2 cups gluten free flour – we used Organ plain all purpose flour
3 cups caster sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup rice flour
4 eggs – free range
icing sugar for garnish
- pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- scrap the vanilla beans from the pod – add vanilla beans to the diced butter and gently melt
- add macadamia nuts to the dry ingredients and add the melted butter – using a melt spoon – mix to combine well
- whisk the eggs with a fork – add eggs to the mixture and mix to combine well
- line a baking tray with baking paper – pour the mixture into the baking tray – using your hands pat down the mixture so it is evenly distributed across the baking tray -ensuring it reaches into all the corners
- place in the oven for approx. 25-30 mins – test readiness with a skewer – brownie will appear slightly cracked on the top
- remove from the oven and place the baking tray on a cake rack – allow to cool in the baking tray for approx 10 mins – then remove from the baking tray and allow to cool on the cake rack
- once cool lightly dust with icing sugar and dive right in!
- add some luxury to your ice cream by adding a few chunky pieces of brownie on top
- perfect for taking to friends houses as a little treat for the kids and all the big kids at heart!
Wine and beer recommendations:
This is cuddle up on the sofa material right here. And is perfectly suited to to any full bodied Stout or a loud and proud Tawny Port. Would be equally lovely with a cup of tea in the afternoon sunshine too!